If you know of a link which you would recommend
adding to this list, please contact
Directors' Quarterly for Alzheimer's and Other Dementia Patients
- Called a "must have" for activities directors, Activities
Directors' Quarterly is unique in its exclusive focus on practical ideas
and proven strategies to provide quality of life enhancing activities
for Alzheimer's and other dementia patients.
- AgingCare.com - The Community for Caregivers. AgingCare.com will enhance the lives of caregivers by creating the most expansive community of support, easy access to scrutinized resources, cutting edge product information and unique, original content to assist them in making the most informed choices for the elderly.
Health Encyclopedia - AllRefer Health is a medical and health information
resource containing outstanding database of health articles and reference
Association - The Alzheimer's Association is a national voluntary
health organization dedicated to research for the causes, cure, and
prevention of Alzheimer's disease and to providing education and support
services to Alzheimer's patients, their families and caregivers.
- Alzheimer's and Dementia - The mission of Alzheimer's & Dementia: Journal of the Alzheimer's Association is to bridge the knowledge gaps across a wide range of bench-to-bedside investigation. The journal publishes the results of studies in: behavior, biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, pharmacology, physiology, protein chemistry, neurology, neuropathology, psychiatry, geriatrics, neuropsychology, epidemiology, sociology, health services research, health economics, political science and public policy.
Disease Education and Referral Center (ADEAR)
- A service of the NIA, the ADEAR Center provides information about
Alzheimer's disease, its impact on the family and health professional,
and research into possible causes and cures.
Disease International - Alzheimer's Disease
International is the umbrella organisation of Alzheimer associations
around the world, which offer support and information to people with
dementia and their caregivers.
Europe - A non-governmental organization aimed
at raising awareness of all forms of dementia through coordination and
cooperation between Alzheimer organizations in Europe, as well as organizing
support to the sufferers of the disease and their carers.
- Alzheimers Help On Line - This site provides comprehensive
information & support for the condition of Alzheimer's disease.
Alzheimer List - The Alzheimer List Homepage
is the Internet Gateway for the Alzheimer List (AL), an e-mail based
support group for family caregivers, persons with memory loss, and the
professionals that serve them.
Prevention Foundation - Founded in 1993, the
Alzheimer’s Prevention Foundation International is a 501(c)(3)
charitable organization dedicated to reducing the incidence of Alzheimer's
disease through clinical research, advocacy, and educational outreach.
We are dedicated to the prevention of early memory loss and Alzheimer’s
Research Forum -
A scientific knowledge base on Alzheimer disease, with research news, expert commentaries, and databases for peer-reviewed articles, drugs, research reagents, grants, jobs, conferences, and more.
Society - The Alzheimer’s Society is
the UK’s leading care and research charity for people with dementia,
their families and carers.
Society Canada - A not-for-profit Canadian
health organization to help Canadians affected by Alzheimer Disease.
Our mission is to alleviate the personal and social consequences of
Alzheimer disease and promote the search for a cause and cure for the
- Assisted Living Directory - Assisted-Living-Directory.com lists numerous facilities and, at times, other senior care options, organized by state, and then by city.
- AssistedLivingFacilities.org - AssistedLivingFacilities.org strives to serve as the informational resource for assisted living in the United States, listing over 36,000 state-licensed assisted living facilities. We try to offer as much useful information as possible to help you decide if assisted living is a good option, and if so, to select the best facility possible.
- California Homes for Seniors - California Home For Seniors offers free senior care assessment and free qualified placement referrals to the elderly and their families.
- DirectoryHealthcare.com -
This site provides searchable function, which allow you to find specify information easily such as medical, safety, mental health, general health and more.
- Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders - This site contains comprehensive medical articles on mental disorders and conditions. Over 150 mental disorders are organized alphabetically and each entry details the definition, purpose, precautions, description, and external resources that can be used to obtain additional information about every condition.
Center for Alzheimer's Research Foundation
- This site, alzinfo.org, helps Alzheimer's patients, their families,
friends and care givers make sense of the vast resources available.
Built into the site is a geo-search function that allows users to access
the most extensive Alzheimer's-specific databases with information on
doctors, elder law attorneys, senior care centers and more.
- Health6.com is designed to be your one-stop destination for anything
you can think of that is about or related to health. We know that the
Internet is an overwhelming space and finding just the information you
need can still be a frustrating and time-consuming process. Our editorial
team makes great effort to evaluate the existence and accuracy of each
- This site is a medical and health consumer information resource containing
comprehensive and unbiased information in patient-friendly language
from trusted sources on over 1,500 health topics, 70 focussed health
centers, and more than 11,000 drugs and medications.
- Injury-Settlement-Guide.com (Elder Abuse) - Information on elder abuse, negect and personal injury
- MDJunction.com - Alzheimer's Disease Online Support Group
Plus - This site contains a wealth of good health information from
the world's largest medical library, the National Library of Medicine.
MedlinePlus has extensive information from the National Institutes of
Health and other trusted sources on over 650 diseases and conditions.
There are also lists of hospitals and physicians, a medical encyclopedia
and a medical dictionary, health information in Spanish, extensive information
on prescription and nonprescription drugs, health information from the
media, and links to thousands of clinical trials.
- MissingPatient.com -
This site assists in the coordination of search and retrieval efforts between the caregiver and law enforcement when a person with a cognitive brain disorder is discovered missing.
- MySeniorCare -- a community on the topic of senior care providing information on home health care, assisted living, hospice
Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke Alzheimer's Disease Information
- Neurology Journal Watch - Edited and reviewed by more than 80 physicians, JWatch regularly combs 180 medical journals for important findings in Neurology.
- New York Online Access to Health - New York Online Access to Health (NOAH), with links to Alzheimer's disease information. Contains Spanish-language access. Includes several departments and divisions at UMD New Jersey.
- Nursingassistantguides.com/senior-living/- A compilation of the best 100 sites related to senior citizens and elderly care. It covers everything from assisted living, nursing home abuse, and aging.
- Nursinghomeabuse.net - dedicated to preventing the causes and repairing the consequences of nursing home abuse
- SeniorHomes.com - This site is a free resource for people looking for senior housing or senior care for a loved one or themselves. With hundreds of expert-written articles, a free care advisor service and a nationwide directory of assisted living, independent living, and Alzheimer's care communities, we help people navigate the difficult issues of senior care.
- SeniorLiving.Org - With tons of reviews, links, photos and details about over 70,000 senior care options, SeniorLiving.Org is one of the most comprehensive and unbiased directories of senior care. If you are a senior or a caregiver, our site will help you find the best Alzheimer's care center or other senior care in your neighborhood.
- Senior Living Map - Senior Living Map is a quick, simple, and pain free method for anyone to find senior and assisted living.
- Senior Living Source - More than just a directory, SeniorLivingSource.org is a free referral service that is designed to help you and your family find the best possible senior living options for your needs.
MD Alzheimer Center